Adult & Child Together Classes for Children 30 months to 4 years - Harvest registering below on 8/14
A parent or caregiver participating in adult & child together classes will learn ways to support competence in their child, ways to nurture innate wonder and curiosity, and ways to help their child(ren) learn to be a part of a group of learners. Encouraging helping and caring comes naturally when teaching with animals.
Year-round and seasonal opportunities for playing in and exploring nature are endless at The Children’s Farm. Activities include feeding and caring for animals; hiking in our surrounding woods and fields; planting(spring/summer)/harvesting (summer/fall) vegetables from the garden; creating a winter bonfire (winter); exploring ice-covered ponds (winter); planting seeds(spring/summer); gathering eggs; and learning how to ride the pony(spring/summer/fall).
Check back November 1st for winter options.
Adult & Child Together Details
- Classes meet once per week and are two hours in length. Summer adult/child classes are 2.5 hours.
- Children must be 30 months-4 years old at the start of class.
- All adult/child together classes are non-separating classes. The parent/caregiver attends with their child(ren).
- We request the same adult attend each week with the child.
- No more than one adult per child but one adult can be with more than one child.
- Classes are held outside in all types of weather (rain or shine), so please dress accordingly. Our indoor classroom and barn are used sparingly.
- Limit one session per family per season.